Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Numbers Don't Lie, Or Do They


I’ve been sitting in front of my TV for a while and I just figured it out. Glavine and Smoltz play golf together and in golf the lower score is better so tonight when the Braves got less hits then Mets but still won it must have been like golf (which Smoltz is better at). But seriously I have never seen a more deceiving stat, every time I look a box score the Mets seem to have about a billion hits but 1 run, but because I’m such a nerd I calculated the percent of hits that score for every team in the NL. Apparently the Mets score 53% of their runners that get hits. You can look below to see the complete list but I guess the Mets are just due to start knocking some runners in. But the other issue is their inability to beat the Braves, which may prove problematic down the stretch, but as my 2nd grade teacher said “we’ll cross that bridge when we get there”. LETS GO METS

Mets- 53%
Braves- 54%
Fish- 54%
Phils-56%
Nats- 45%
Cubs- 49%
Reds- 54%
Astros-49%
Brewers- 53%
Pirates- 46%
Cards- 43%
D-backs- 48%
Rockies- 46%
Dodgers- 49%
Padres- 51%
Giants-51%

No comments: